Monday, July 10, 2006

Time to resurrect the blog...

I don't know why it's been over a year since I've posted. I'd like to have a place to collect random thoughts, though, and this seems as good a place as any...

I saw The Devil Wears Prada tonight. This is the second movie I've seen in the past nine months that I've liked better than the book, the other one being In Her Shoes. I think this might say something about the quality of literature that I am reading. Maybe I should stay away from the chick lit genre.

Speaking of books, I'm also reading Conspiracy of Fools, about Enron. For some reason, this story fascinates me. Kurt Eichenwald also penned The Informant, about the ADM scandal, which I have a bit of interest in, as well. ;) I'm not done with Conspiracy of Fools, but I recommend either if you're looking for some interesting non-fiction.

As Miranda Priestly would say, "That's all."

1 comment:

Derek said...

How weird -- I haven't checked your blog in about 6 months, assuming you had given up on it. Then, THE DAY AFTER YOU POSTED SOMETHING for the first time in over a year, I had the strange urge to check it. So anyway, hello there, welcome back to the blogosphere! :)

A while back I listened to a radio program about the ADM scandal that was really fascinating. It's free to listen to online:

http://www.thislife.org/pages/descriptions/00/168.html

Of course, you probably already know everything they talk about...

Have a great week!