Thursday, September 07, 2006

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

It's late, I should have been in bed at least an hour ago because I am really going to go to the gym tomorrow morning (REALLY!).

But I was just doing my usual evening routine - reading in bed until I fall asleep. Thing is, there's a boy 'round these parts who hurt me not too long ago, more than I've let on, even to myself. I ran into him today. And even though I try not to let it bother me that things are the way they are, it does.

So I'm reading, but really thinking about something else, and my heart feels twisted. I start praying, and realize I should put down the book I'm reading (jury's still out on whether it has been worth my time or not, but it's certainly interesting...), and read the Bible.

Psalm 37 immediately jumps into my mind. My sister's confirmation verse is Psalm 37:4: "Delight yourself in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart." I haven't read it in a while. I open up to Psalm 37. Verse one reads thusly:

"Do not fret because of evil men."

You just can't make that stuff up. I don't mean to make light of God's word, and I know that, in context, it's not telling me to not worry about guys (I won't say jerks) I've dated who aren't the one for me.

But it was nice to laugh.

2 comments:

slefanizer said...

Did you go to the gym that morning, I wonder?

betsyjo said...

You can just keep on wondering, Estefani...