Monday, November 27, 2006

"This shirt is dry clean only...

...which means it is dirty."

This, one of my favorite Mitch Hedberg quotes, has been running through my head all night, but my version needs to say "hand wash" in place of dry clean.

Since I'm moving in a few weeks, I've decided I need to start "getting things done." For starters, I tackled the hand wash pile at the bottom of my bathroom closet. 14 tops!! FOURTEEN! Sweaters were in there that I forgot I had!! This makes me wonder if I'm getting my money's worth out of clothes marked "Hand wash only."

In the "this is what Betsy is really thinking about tonight" category, why does a guy you dated pretty seriously, and who eventually ended up never calling you again, then ignored you for an entire day at a football game, get to act all nice when you talk to him out of the blue? It is unfair and thoroughly infuriating!

Since this post is about nothing anyway, another Mitch Hedberg quote: "This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard. "

2 comments:

slefanizer said...

I still claim it's because he's scared by relationships and he got overwhelmed, so he hid himself in work and didn't take the time to make the relationship work.

Anonymous said...

Betsy, I have always steered away from "hand wash only" as I, like you, leave them on the bedroom floor for months before taking the time to wash them. Then there is the "lay flat to dry". Who has a place to do that?
We'e love to hear from you - Carol Boerger