Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Random Thoughts from Me! (That's why you're here, right?!)

Well, I've discovered that my favorite part of blogging is the comments I get! How exciting! Please leave more!

Life amazes me. I've run the gamut of emotions the last couple days. Laughing so hard at Brian Regan last night that my back is literally sore today, frustrated with school, MAD about school, having fun at lunch with my sister, excited because I actually felt like I accomplished something meaningful at work today, happy to have dinner with a friend and hang out with the roomies, ecstatic because the Red Sox won, then the Astros, and now just not really wanting to go to bed. Probably because I have a midterm tomorrow. All these little pieces of my life that fit together to make...my life. And my life's pretty cool, if you ask me.

Other things filed away in the "Random" drawer. The Red Sox Nation "believing!" Even when their team is down 3-0. What's up with that? I'm even a pretty big Red Sox fan, and I definitely wrote them off. Sometimes sports teaches me a lot about living out my faith. I can scream my head off at Aggie football games and let everyone know what I think, whether I've known them for years, or met them that day. But my faith - it's "private." Or about hope...I have this amazing hope of heaven, something that's so far beyond my imagination that it's almost intimidating, yet I can go through an entire day and not even think about it. But I guarantee you that all day tomorrow I will be waiting for the Red Sox game to start. Isn't it so much easier to get involved in something when the effects of said thing are trivial? Much less risky. Isn't it easier to cheer for something that won't offend anyone, or make you look stupid? Why in the world would I even let that change anything? As my pastor said in Sunday school yesterday, "I think we'd be surprised what would happen if we were a little more bold."

I think I'll end on that. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Insightful and inspiring. Two thumbs up!