Monday, November 24, 2008

We Believe

There's a song that they sing at my grandma's church that has been running through my head for the past two days. I think there are actually verses, but I've only ever heard them sing the chorus:

We remember how you loved us to Your death
And still we celebrate for You are with us here.
And we believe that we will see You when you come
In Your glory, Lord
We remember, we celebrate, we believe.

Look at how much theology is packed into those sentences! I read something today that said if we are ever discouraged about anything, we should think about Jesus coming back, and the fact that it could happen TODAY. How often do you do that? For me, it's almost never.

(An aside...I used to feel bad because I wasn't super-excited for heaven, or for Jesus' return. But I was in Bible study once, and my pastor said something like, "It's amazing how God does that...we aren't meant for this world, but God also gives us the desire to live out our lives here." And really, how could it be any different? So we're excited, but also nervous, a little frightened, and if you're me, asking questions like "Will there be ice cream, and baseball, [this is hilarious, but beware the Sodom and Gomorrah joke], and music in heaven?" And that's okay.)

In any case, eventually I may get sick of the fact that I can't get these five lines out of my head, but for now, it's been nice to have a different thought stuck up there.

No comments: